While My Guitar Gently Weeps . George Harrison

sábado, 12 de enero de 2008

I'm So Tired



Copyright - 1968 EMI Records Ltd.

"I'm So Tired" is a Beatles song from the double-disc album The Beatles (also known as The White Album).

It was primarily written by John Lennon, though credited to Lennon-McCartney. Lennon wrote the song at a Transcendental Meditation camp when he couldn't sleep. The Beatles had gone on a retreat to study with the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in Rishikesh, India. After three weeks of constant meditation and lectures, Lennon missed his soon-to-be wife, Yoko Ono, and wrote this song. The fact it was recorded at three in the morning enhances the sentiment.

The song also mentions famed English author and explorer Sir Walter Raleigh by name in an ironic context, calling him a "stupid git" for bringing the tobacco plant to England.

Recording
The song was recorded at Abbey Road on 8 October 1968 and was completed including all overdubs in this one session. The Beatles also started and completed the Lennon-composed 'The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill' during the same recording session.

Relation to the 'Paul is dead' Hoax
At the end of this song, mumbling can be heard that sounds like "Ssim mih, ssim mihm, ssim mih. Nam ded see lope." When played backwards, some claim a scared voice intones, "Paul is dead, man, miss him, miss him, MISS HIM!" although there have been other claims that on different versions of this song, Lennon can be heard mumbling the words "Monsieur, monsieur, monsieur, how about another one?" The mumbling may be Lennon's attempt at speaking in reverse, without physically reversing the sound.

Lyrics:
I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
No, no, no

I'm so tired, I don't know what to do
I'm so tired, my mind is set on you
I wonder should I call you but I know what you'd do
You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke
It's doing me harm, you know I can't sleep
I can't stop my brain, you know it's three weeks
I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little peace of mind

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
Although I'm so tired, I'll have another cigarette
And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
He was such a stupid get
You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke
It's doing me harm, you know I can't sleep
I can't stop my brain, you know it's three weeks
I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little peace of mind
give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind
give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind

No hay comentarios: